Life With Lee

Trials and tribulations (and fun!) in dealing with two little boys.

Monday, January 30, 2006

We're back


Wow. It's been a while. It's been a busy week.

Last Monday, Lee took a nosedive off the couch and landed on his face. His nose immediately started bruising, but he cried right away. I called Dave at work, who thankfully works five minutes away, and we rushed Lee to the Dr's. Everything checked out and Lee was smiling and laughing the same evening.

On Wednesday night, I got together with Beth, Peg, and Stephanie. Beth tried to teach me to knit socks on two circular needles, but I just wasn't getting it. I'm not giving up though. I just need to finish some projects for other people first. I hope to get together with all of them soon.

Saturday, Lee and I went to a co-worker's shower. I'm knitting a blanket which is almost finished. Someone won't leave me alone today to finish it....... It was great to see everyone again. My friend Jenn brought her baby,Ryan who is only two weeks younger than Lee. And let me tell you, that Ryan is something else! He was crawling around like a madman and making all kinds of noises. He wanted to be friends with Lee, but unfortunately Lee was overwhelmed with the amount of people and the noise. My arms and knees hurt that night from hauling Lee around. He didn't want anyone else to hold him for very long. Lee weighs close to 23 pounds now! I talked to some women who have new babies so hopfully we'll be getting together for play dates.

After lunch, we went to check out the local library. I picked up a kid's crochet book, Debbie Bliss' "baby knits for beginners" and Nick Horby's new one "A Long Way Down." Hornby's the guy who wrote "High Fidelity" and "About a Boy." I really need to start reading fiction again.

Well, Lee's tired and cranky. Time to go.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh my gosh, look at how big he's gotten! He's so adorable. Sorry to hear about his nose dive though. At least he's alright!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter