Life With Lee

Trials and tribulations (and fun!) in dealing with two little boys.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'm a loser, baby....

I just wanted to say I am on maternity leave. That's why I am posting so much during the day. I really enjoy writing and taking pictures even though some people may find it boring. Oh well for them. I have a laptop Mac which is very convenient for moving from room to room. Writing on the blog makes me feel like I am accomplishing something other than taking care of the baby. It's good for me to do something for me when Lee is asleep. He can be very demanding when he's hungry which feels like all of the time and in this heat, the last thing I want next to me is another hot sweaty body glomming onto to me. Does that sound horrible? Oh well again.

Since I've been home, I've been staying up later. And watching more TV. I can now say I watch five shows on a regular basis. Wow, I've never done that before. I've been too busy or couldn't stay up late. And most of the shows are reality shows, hence the title of this post.

1) I watch Hell's Kitchen because David is a cook and I worked in restaurants for a long time. I can't say whether I care about any of the contestants and don't care who wins. I think they all are a bunch of wankers and whiners. I'm only watching it because there are only three episodes left. Yeah right.

2) also watch Big Brother. The people on the show are so obnoxious and fake I'd like to punch them. I watch it because I found a very funny blog at tvgasm.com (I haven't figured out how to do links yet) which makes fun of all the contestants. Very funny. I also like to try to figure out why the show is on three times a week. It seems very complicated and everyone is planning and stabbing each other in the back, I feel I would miss something if I skipped an episode.

3) I watch Rockstar-INXS (whatever the hell it is) only on Tuesday and Wednesday nights because it gets right down to the nitty gritty without too much personal fluff which is why I don't like to watch it on Monday. INXS was also one of my favorite bands long ago and I still like to hear their music.

4) Just watched The Cut last night for the first time. And why? It's because the TV with the cable is on the second floor where there is no A/C. The little TV in the bedroom has no cable and the channel which comes in the clearest is CBS which The Cut is shown. This show is about designers and Tommy Hilfiger or whatever his name is. I know nothing about designing or decorating so it was interesting at the same time as being boring. The contestants are obnoxious but not as bad as Big Brother. A positive thing about this show it's only on once a week.

All of the show have websites which do a great job summarizing previous episodes. It was the fifth or sixth episode for The Cut and after going to the website, I feel like I haven't missed anything.

5) The fifth show is Battlestar Galactica. I got suckered into this show by David, who is somewhat of a sci-fi geek. He's also gotten me into Babylon 5 (yes, I did watch all five seasons on DVD) and Deep Space Nine ( six or seven seasons on DVD and a big book explaining each episode.) Oh yeah, and all nine seasons of the X-Files which I enjoyed immensely. I even bought the ninth season on DVD myself. I really like this show because it's dark and serious and doesn't try to be funny. There are no cute aliens or robots, no comic relief at all. I watched to original when I was a kid and had a crush both on Starbuck and Apollo.

Okay, enough for now. Lee needs me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter